These flavor-packed Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are the best finger food for parties! Juicy shaved beef strips mingle with tender sautéed peppers and onions, topped with cheese on a soft and fluffy bun. You can’t beat this easy appetizer on Game Day!
- 24 slider rolls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (1- ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds deli roasts beef, sliced into strips
- 5 slices white American cheese, cut in half
- 5 slices deli provolone, cut into 1 1/2- inch slices
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 11×15- inch pan with foil. Coat with nonstick spray. Without separating the individual rolls, use a serrated knife to cut the slider rolls in half placing the bottoms of the rolls into the prepared pan. Set the tops aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add in the onions and green peppers and cook until softened and onions and translucent, 8 – 10 minutes. Add in the garlic, onion soup mix, salt, and pepper and stir to incorporate. Add in the sliced roast beef and stir, breaking apart any clumps of meat. Cook for 2 minutes, until the steak is warmed. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Evenly distribute the steak mixture on top of the slider rolls. Place the cheese slices on top of the meat, alternating the American and Provolone slices, so each slider has both types of cheese on top. Place the tops of the slider rolls on the cheese and press down slightly.
- Place the 1/2 cup butter, and remaining packet of onion soup mix in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 – 45 seconds until melted. Stir to combine and drizzle the mixture evenly on top of the slider buns.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil. Place the pan on a large cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove the pan from the oven and keep covered for 5-10 minutes before uncovering and serving.
Keywords: philly cheesesteak recipes, beef sliders, game day food, party food ideas