My version of Pigs in a Blanket is an easy spin on the classic appetizer, adding a huge flavor punch!
- 2 (8- ounce) packages crescent dough
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard, divided
- 24 ounces cocktail weiners
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a large circular baking dish or pizza pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll out the tubes of crescent roll dough onto a cutting board. Brush the dough with mustard. If you are using perforated crescent dough, cut each triangle into 4 pieces. They won’t be equal, which is fine, because you can stretch it. Wrap each cocktail weiner with the dough, with the mustard side on the inside.
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet in a large circle with another circle inside, as pictured. Alternately you can just place on the baking sheet in rows.
- Brush the top of the dough with the egg white and sprinkle on the Everything Bagel seasoning. If you can use any combination of seasonings on top that you prefer. Or leave them plain.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Dipping Sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, and dijon mustard.
- Serve warm.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, pigs in a blanket, cocktail weiners, lil smokies, hot dogs, appetizer