Adding pineapple to banana bread adds flavor and moisture! A fun spin on a classic!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom and up the ends with a strip of parchment paper for easy removal. Coat again with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in pineapple and banana.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, and then placed in a large zip-top bag for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Optional – add in 1/2 cup coconut
Keywords:: cookies and cups, banana bread, banana bread recipe, bananas, pineapple, pineapple banana bread