Flavorful vanilla cake mix is poured over brown-sugar-coated pineapple slices to create sweet Pineapple Upside Down Cake! Studded with maraschino cherries and infused with pineapple juice, you will love this tropical-tasting cake.
- 1 box Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 1/3 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 (20 oz) can Sliced Pineapple
- Maraschino Cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter.
- Pour the butter into into a 9 x 13 pan and sprinkle the brown sugar over the melted butter.
- Arrange the pineapple slices in the pan in nice little neat rows. Add 1 cherry in the middle of each pineapple slice.
- In a mixer bowl, mix cake mix, pineapple juice, oil, eggs and vanilla on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan over the pineapple.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cook in the pan for 5 minutes. Invert onto your serving dish.
Keywords:: upside down cake, pineapple upside down cake recipe