Porcupine Meatballs are filled with juicy ground beef and perfectly cooked rice. These classic homemade meatballs may look a little funky, but they are indescribably delicious!
- 1/2 cup instant rice
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15- ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl combine the rice, diced onion, celery salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and ground beef. Form the mixture into 1- inch meatballs.
- In another medium bowl combine the tomato sauce, broth, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large (10- inch) skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the meatballs on each side. Drain excess grease from the pan. Turn the heat to low and pour the tomato sauce mixture onto the meatballs. Cover the skillet and cook for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Keywords:: porcupine meatballs, homemade meatball recipe