Potato Chip Shortbread may sound odd, but I promise it’s incredibly delicious! These shortbread cookies melt in your mouth and are the perfect balance of sweet and salty!
- 1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks), room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed potato chips
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar on high for 5 minutes.
- Turn the mixer to medium and add in the vanilla and yolk and mix for an additional minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour until incorporated and finally the potato chips.
- Using a medium (2 tablespoon sized) cookie scoop drop the dough onto the prepared sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
store airtight for up to 3 days
Keywords:: potato chip recipe, easy shortbread cookies, shortbread cookies recipe, shortbread recipe, how to make shortbread cookies, easy cookies recipe, homemade cookies recipe