Pretzel Crusted Key Lime Bars are the perfect balance of salty and sweet. The key lime filling is tart, creamy, and smooth and combined with the crunch of the pretzel crust they are delicious!
- 1 2/3 cups pretzel finely crushed pretzels (2 1/2 – 3 cups of whole pretzels)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 (14- ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9 pan with foil and coat lightly with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender pulverize the pretzels until they are a fine crumb. (You don’t want dust, but you don’t want chunks or it won’t stay together)
- In a large bowl stir together your pretzel crumbs, butter, salt, and sugar.
- Press the mixture firmly into your prepared pan and slightly up the sides. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden. Let the crust cool while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice.
- Pour the mixture into the warm crust.
- Bake for 12-15minutes, or until just set.
- Allow the bars to cool until room temperature, and then cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or overnight.
Store airtight, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: key lime bars recipe, key lime dessert recipe