Puffed Caramel Corn is the most addictive snack ever! Perfectly combining salty and sweet, you will be obsessed with this easy twist on caramel corn!
- 7 – ounce bag of buttered corn puffs (I used 2, 3.25- ounce bags of Chester’s Butter flavored Puffcorn)
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line an extra large (15×21) baking sheet (with sides) with parchment paper. Set aside. If you don’t have an XL baking sheet use 2 smaller baking sheets.
- Place the puffed corn in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup over medium heat, until mixture reaches a boil, stirring frequently. Allow the mixture to boil for 2 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Immediately stir in the baking soda until combined. Mixture will foam up.
- Pour the caramel sauce on top of the puffed corn, stirring to coat evenly.
- Spread the puffed corn onto the prepared sheet evenly. Bake for 50 minutes or until crunchy, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Spread on a parchment-lined counter, breaking apart any large pieces.
- Cool completely.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, caramel corn, puffed corn, caramel puff corn, homemade caramel corn, best caramel corn, how to make caramel corn