Pumpkin Apple Muffins are the perfect fall muffin recipe! Apple and pumpkin combine beautifully in these easy, cinnamon spiced muffins!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped apples, peeled
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with liners, and set aside.
- Prepare muffin batter by whisking together flour, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl mix together eggs, pumpkin and oil. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and using a wooden spoon, or a rubber spatula, mix until incorporated and smooth.
- Stir in the chopped apples.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Crumb Topping:
- Using a fork or pastry cutter, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and butter until they form a coarse crumb. I like to begin with the pastry cutter, and then use my hands to combine. Liberally top the muffin batter with the crumb topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle the icing onto the cooled muffins.
store airtight for up to 3 days
Keywords:: cookies and cups, muffins, pumpkin muffins, apple muffins, easy pumpkin muffins, best pumpkin muffins