Pumpkin Cheesecake is the PERFECT Fall dessert idea! Creamy cheesecake with just the right amount of pumpkin.
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 15 full crackers)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 (8- ounce) blocks cream cheese, room temperature (24 ounces total)
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 (15- ounce) can pumpkin puree, like Libby’s
- 1/3 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix the butter, graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon together evenly. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Set aside while you make the cheesecake, cooling until it reaches room temperature.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes, until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the pumpkin, sour cream, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl often to make sure everything is combined. With mixer still on low, add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing after each addition just until just combined. Don’t over-mix, but make sure all the ingredients are mixed in evenly and mixture is smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake filling on top of the cooled crust.
- Double wrap the bottom of the springform pan with foil, sealing it tightly to prevent water from getting into the pan.
- Place the springform pan into a larger pan and pour very hot water into the pan, until it’s 3/4- inch deep, careful to make sure the water level doesn’t come up higher than the foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until the center is almost set. It will still jiggle a little bit.
- Turn the oven off and prop the door open slightly. Allow the cheesecake to sit in warm oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen it from the sides and cool for at least an hour until it reaches room temperature.
- Cover the pan and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Release the sides of the springform pan when ready to slice and serve.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 454
- Sugar: 26.5 g
- Sodium: 375.3 mg
- Fat: 29.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.9 g
- Protein: 7.9 g
- Cholesterol: 124 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, pumpkin cheesecake, easy pumpkin cheesecake, best pumpkin cheesecake, thanksgiving desserts, thanksgiving dessert idea, Christmas desserts, easy Christmas dessert