This spiced Pumpkin Cobbler is an easy pumpkin recipe and the best fall dessert! Made with rich pumpkin cake soaked in caramel sauce beneath a toasted pecan topping.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8×8 baking dish lightly with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt, and granulated sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the melted butter, pumpkin, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Stir this into the flour mixture, forming a thick batter.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and set aside,
- Topping: Place pecans In a medium skillet over medium heat. Stirring frequently toast the pecans until lightly golden and fragrant. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl mix together the granulated and light brown sugar. Stir in the pecans to combine.
- Sprinkle this mixture on top of the cake batter.
- Immediately pour the hot water onto the topping. Do NOT stir.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake for 45- 55 minutes, until the center is set. The water will combine with the sugar forming a sauce underneath the cake.
- Allow the cobbler to cool for 15 – 20 minutes and serve with whipped cream or ice cream, scooping the sauce on top.
Keywords: pumpkin desserts, easy pumpkin recipes, fall desserts