These Pumpkin Sage Drop Biscuits are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and packed with fall flavor! An easy drop biscuits recipe perfect for Fall baking!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sage.
- Add the butter and use your fingers to work it into the dry ingredients until it resembles a coarse cornmeal with a few scattered larger pieces of butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the pumpkin and buttermilk together. Pour into the dry ingredients, and use a spatula to fold together until just combined (less mixing equals softer biscuits).
- Use a large cookie scoop (I used 3 tablespoon sized scoop) to drop the biscuit dough onto the prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 15-17 minutes until crisp on the outside and soft in the middle.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Keywords:: easy drop biscuits recipe, how to make drop biscuits, best drop biscuits, quick drop biscuits