- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 – 3 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Spray a 9″ tart pan with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- In stand mixer beat butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Add in pumpkin and beat until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and ad in dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Spread dough into prepared pan. I used an off-set spatula to smooth the top.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes until form and golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes and then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack. (I lined the counter under the wire rack with wax paper to prevent from dripping on the counter and an easier clean up)
- Mix up you glaze in a bowl and stir until there are no lumps. Pour desired amount of glaze on top of shortbread. Let glaze set and eat immediately.
Best served same day.
Adapted from Libby’s