Pumpkin Spice Pressed Sugar Cookies are irresistible for holiday baking! Subtly spiced, light and chewy sugar cookies frosted with a rich and creamy Browned Butter Frosting. Your family is sure to love this cozy pumpkin twist on classic sugar cookies. Every bite is filled with the flavors of fall!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 3/4 cups flour
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- orange food coloring
- optional – fall colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, oil and both sugars until smooth on medium speed. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt and mix for 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) dough onto the lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges just start to golden. Immediately press the cookies gently, using the bottom of a cup until they are flat in the middle.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes on baking sheet and transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- In a medium sauce pan ver medium-low heat melt the butter and bring it to a boil. Constantly swirl the pan and allow the butter to brown. Once it has reached an amber color remove from the heat and cool completely. Place the pan in the refrigerator and allow the butter to return to a solid state.Once it’s firm, remove the pan from the refrigerator and allow it to come back to room temperature.
- Place the butter (making sure to scrape up all of the brown bits) in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add in the powdered sugar and mix on medium speed until combined. Add in the vanilla and milk and mix until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Mix a few drops of the food coloring into the frosting and stir until combined.
- Spread a tablespoon of frosting onto each cookie and garnish with sprinkles if desired.
Store airtight for up to 3 days
Keywords: easy cookie recipe, pumpkin cookies, halloween food, frosted sugar cookies