Eat the rainbow with this beautiful, Thai-style Rainbow Crunch Cabbage Salad tossed in deliciously spicy peanut dressing! An easy side dish to serve alongside your favorite Asian-inspired dishes.
- 6 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 3 cups purple cabbage, chopped
- 2 cup grated carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped green onion
- 3 cups chopped seedless cucumbers
- 2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salad: Add all salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Dressing: In a medium bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients. The dressing will be thick.
- Assembly: Add the dressing to the chopped salad and stir to coat.
- Garnish: Add more cilantro, chopped peanuts, or sriracha to serve.
- Optional Add-Ins: grilled chicken, sliced steak, shrimp, crispy tofu.
- This salad is great to make ahead. I make it at the beginning of the week and eat it for lunch throughout the week. The hearty cabbage and vegetables stay crisp even after being mixed with the dressing, and since the dressing is thick, the salad doesn’t get watery.
- Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: asian cabbage salad, cabbage salad, easy salad recipes