- 1 small zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 3 cloves garlic, thick sliced
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups Tortilla Chips
- 2 tablespoons dairy free/vegan butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Silk unsweetened almond milk
- 8 ounces grated Vegan/Dairy free cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat the oven 425°F
- Line large baking sheet with foil. Spread the vegetables on the pan in a single layer careful not to overcrowd the pan. Mist or drizzle with olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast the veggies for 20 minutes until they are soft. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a serving patter and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat melt the butter. Once it’s melted whisk in the flour, cooking for one minute. Slowly pour in the milk, constantly whisking. Heat the milk, whisking continuously, until the mixture comes to a boil and is thickened.
- Immediately whisk in the cheese, stirring until melted.
- Arrange the veggies on the tortilla chips and then pour the cheese sauce on top.
- Serve immediately.
You can easily make this recipe with dairy milk and dairy cheese/butter if you don’t have the nondairy options on-hand. This is a great adaptable recipe!