This Easy Rugelach recipe is a classic pastry that is adaptable and fun to make!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 8– ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cinnamon Sugar (2 tablespoons granulated sugar + 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup turbinado sugar for garnish (I used Sugar in the Raw)
- Tools: Reynolds Kitchens Quick Cut Plastic Wrap
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and cream cheese together for 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the sugar and salt and mix for 1 minute, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined, don’t over-mix.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap onto your counter. Place the dough onto the plastic wrap and press it into a rectangle shape, approximately 1- inch thick. Wrap the dough tightly in the
- Reynolds Kitchens Quick Cut Plastic Wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces, working with one piece at a time, placing the dough you aren’t using back in the refrigerator.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 12 x 8- inch rectangle. Spread 1/4 cup of the preserves evenly onto the dough. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the raisins and 1/4 cup walnuts evenly on top. Sprinkle about 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon sugar all over the top. Roll the dough tightly from the long side into a log. Place the log seam side down onto your prepared baking sheet and repeat with the process with the remaining dough placing the logs 2- inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Brush each log with milk and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the logs 3/4 through (not all the way) into 1- inch slices.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 30 minutes, and then transfer to a cutting board to slice all the way through.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days or freeze airtight for up to a month. You can also use any flavor preserves you like if you don’t prefer apricot.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 10.8 g
- Sodium: 51.8 mg
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.4 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 18 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, rugelach, pastry recipe, easy rugelach, rugelach cookies, how to make rugelach, best rugelach