An easy holiday rum balls recipe for sweet and delicious, rum-soaked cookie balls. Rum balls are the best bite-sized treat for holiday parties and festive gifting!
- 1 (11- ounce) box vanilla wafer cookies, finely crushed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans (approximately 1 cup whole)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/2 cup honey
- Optional for rolling: 1/2 cup powdered sugar, cocoa powder, or nonpareil sprinkles
- Optional for gifting – small paper candy cups.
- In a large bowl mix together the crushed cookies, chopped pecans, and powdered sugar. Mix until evenly combined.
- Add in the rum and honey and mix until incorporated. Using your hands knead the mixture together until it becomes a thick dough.
- Measure out 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll into balls. Place on a plate or baking sheet.
- Roll the rum balls in powdered sugar or cocoa powder to coat. See note if coating in sprinkles.
- Place in candy cups for gifting.
I like to use a food processor or blender to crush and chop the cookies and pecans. You want them both to be a fine crumb.
If you notice the mixture is too dry, you can add a splash more rum. If it’s too wet, add a tablespoon more of powdered sugar. The mixture should hold together easily when squeezed.
If coating the finished balls with sprinkles, you will need to dampen your hand with water slightly and roll the mixture into balls so the sprinkles adhere easily.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Freeze airtight for up to a month.
Keywords: easy rum balls, no bake cookies, christmas cookies