These Russian Tea Cakes are a holiday favorite cookie recipe that melt in your mouth!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter, 1 cup of powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour mixing until the mixture holds together. Stir in the nuts.
- Using a small (1- tablespoon) cookie scoop portion out the dough and roll into 1- inch balls.
- Place the balls onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until completely set and lightly browned on the bottom.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, until they are cool enough to handle, but still warm.
- Place the remaining cup of powdered sugar into a bowl and roll each warm cookie in the powered sugar to coat. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight for up to 7 days. You can sub in mini chocolate chips for the nuts if preferred
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 12.9 mg
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.7 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 10.2 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, christmas cookies, russian tea cakes, tea cakes, cookie recipe, russian tea cakes recipe, how to make russian tea cakes