Salsa Verde White Chicken Chili is loaded with protein, low in fat and extremely delicious! This recipe is perfect for a calm and comforting family dinner!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilis, undrained
- 2 cans northern beans, drained, rinsed and divided
- 1 can corn, drained and divided in half
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups salsa verde chicken
- 24 ounces chicken broth
- In a medium Dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute the onions and jalapeno until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and saute for 2 more minutes. Stir in the green chilis and remove from the heat.
- Place one can of drained and rinsed beans and half of the corn into a blender or food processor. Transfer the onion mixture into the blender or food processor as well. Add in the cumin, cayenne and salt. Blend the mixture until it is a thick paste.
- Add the chicken to the unwashed dutch oven over medium heat and stir in the chicken broth. Add in the bean mixture to the broth and stir to combine. Finally add in the remaining beans and corn.
- Heat the chili until it just comes to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the chili for 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste if necessary.
If you didn’t make my Salsa Verde Chicken, you can sub in shredded Rotisserie Chicken mixed with 1/2 cup of salsa verde.
Keywords:: white chicken chili recipe, white chicken chili beans, white chicken chili crockpot, creamy white chicken chili, best white chicken chili recipe, chicken chili recipe, chicken chili, best chili recipe, best chili recipe ever