- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate + 2 oz for drizzle
- 35–40 shortbread cookies (I used Lorna Doone)
- 14 oz bag of caramels
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 Tbsp water
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Melt 12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. (I prefer double boiler).
- Spread the melted chocolate to your desired thickness…I went thin-ish.
- Top your warm chocolate evenly with your shortbread cookies.
- Place baking sheet in freezer while you do the next steps.
- In a non-stick skillet on medium-low heat, toast your coconut, stirring occasionally. This will take about 10 minutes or so, but be watchful because once it starts to brown it happens quickly and you do not want to burn the coconut! When the coconut is toasted, set aside.
- Meanwhile unwrap all your caramels and place them in a medium saucepan along with 3 Tbsp of water over medium-low heat.
- Stir continuously until the caramel has JUST melted. You don’t want to over heat the caramel, as it will make it hard. Immediately fold in your toasted coconut.
- Remove your chocolate from the freezer and spread the caramel/coconut evenly on top.
- Melt your remaining 2 oz of chocolate using whatever melting process you prefer and drizzle over the top of the caramel/coconut.
- Put back in the freezer for 5 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Cut and enjoy!
Cut using a sharp knife in the size/shape of your choosing. Store in an airtight container.