Skillet Baked Orange Chicken is crispy, juicy and bursting with orange fruity-flavor! If you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner, this chicken recipe is the perfect choice. Bake and bread these chicken thighs in less than an hour!
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in (skin removed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice, save orange rinds
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried thyme (or 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 8 Tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Remove skin from chicken thighs. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl whisk eggs and stir in orange juice. Set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs, thyme, smoked paprika and orange zest in another shallow bowl.
- Dip your chicken thighs in the egg mixture and then coat in the breadcrumbs.
- In a large oven safe skillet melt the butter. Place chicken evenly in the skillet once butter is melted, turn to coat the chicken in the butter. Place reserved orange rinds in the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove pan from the oven and turn the chicken over and continue to cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 thigh
- Calories: 324
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 193.5 mg
- Fat: 19.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.9 g
- Protein: 31.7 g
- Cholesterol: 217.1 mg
Keywords: ovenbaked chicken recipe, breaded chicken recipe, orange chicken recipe, how to make orange chicken, skillet baked orange chicken recipe, skillet baked chicken recipe, best chicken dinner recipe, easy chicken recipe