Skillet Lemon Chicken With Barley is a quick, healthy and flavor-packed skillet dish. Using a Knorr One Skillet Meal as a shortcut for this dish, the recipe couldn’t be simpler. And it’s extremely tasty, too!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1– inch pieces
- salt and pepper to season chicken
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 package Knorr® One Skillet Meals – Lemon Chicken with Barley
- 1 (6- ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- Heat olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and sprinkle flour on top to coat.
- Brown the chicken in the skillet, about 4 minutes.
- Add in the water, carrots, and entire contents of the Knorr® One Skillet Meal, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cover skillet. Simmer for 23 minutes, or until barley is tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Place spinach on top of the barley mixture and cover for an additional 2 minutes. The steam will begin to wilt the spinach. Stir the spinach into the mixture until combined and serve.
store airtight in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: chicken dinner, skillet chicken, easy chicken dinner, easy chicken dinner recipe, lemon chicken, lemon chicken recipe, chicken dinner recipe, 30 minute dinner, 30 minute meal, 30 minute meal recipe