These easy Skillet Pizza Rolls are the perfect snack for game day! Fill these homemade pizza rolls with your favorite toppings and make weeknight dinners a lot more fun to prepare!
- 1 pound Johnsonville Italian Sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- In a medium skillet over medium- high heat brown the sausage, break up large clumps with a wooden spoon as you cook. When sausage is fully cooked, remove from heat and set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Drizzle olive oil into a 10- inch cast iron skillet, swirl the pan to roughly coat and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, or silicone mat, roll out your pizza dough into a rectangular shape, roughly 10×16- inches. Spread the pizza sauce out, leaving about an inch at the end. Sprinkle the red pepper onto the sauce, top with as much sausage as you would like, the cheese and then the black olives and basil.
- Starting with the long side of the dough, roll up the pizza into a log. Using a knife, carefully slice the roll into 8, equally sized pieces.
- Place the individual rolls into the oiled skillet and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 660.9 mg
- Fat: 6.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Protein: 14.5 g
- Cholesterol: 7.8 mg
Keywords: pizza rolls recipe, skillet pizza, homemade pizza rolls, easy pizza recipe, best pizza recipe, pizza recipe, how to make pizza