- 2 heads of cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups grated Smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 3/4 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a Dutch Oven or large sauce pan bring about 4 quarts of water to a boil . Add a generous few pinches of salt to the water. Add the prepared cauliflower to the water and boil for 3-5 minutes until cauliflower is tender. Drain completely.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet melt 3 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Once melted, whisk in the flour, seasoned salt and smoked paprika until it form a paste. Cook for about 30 seconds then slowly stream in the milk, whisking the whole time. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring continuously until it thickens slightly. Add in 2 cups Smoked Gouda and 2 cups cheddar and stir until cheese is melted. Add cauliflower back to the Dutch Oven and pour cheese sauce on top. Sprinkle with remaining grated cheese and place in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly.
I like to serve this in individual “crocks” as well. Just divide among the crocks and sprinkle with cheese. Place in oven for same time, or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.