Your favorite summertime dessert baked inside your favorite every time dessert!!
- 12 marshmallows
- 2 Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars
- 6 full graham crackers, broken (or cut) into 24 square pieces
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make smores, cut each marshmallow in half. Break each chocolate bar into 12 pieces. Break or cut your graham cracker in half, then break them in half again using the perforated lines. Now break each rectangle in half carefully. If they are not exact, this is fine, as they are going inside the cookie! Now form your smores ingredients into 12 miniature smores. Set aside.
- To make the cookie dough, mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the egg, the egg yolk, vanilla, baking soda, and salt, mixing for 1 minute until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly incorporated.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, portion out the dough. Divide the dough scoop into 2 halves. Flatten each into a flat circle. Place a prepared smore on top of one of the circles. Place the other circle on top of the smore and gently wrap the dough around the smore, making sure to seal it inside.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet 2- inches apart and bake for 9 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the tops are just set.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, smores cookies, cookie recipe, smores