makes approx 10 cups granola
- 5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 4 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup salted cashews or any kind of nut
- 1 beaten egg white
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Line a (15×11) baking sheet with sides with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients except the white chocolate chips together in a large bowl until evenly coated with butter and honey. Finally stir in beaten egg white evenly.
- Spread mixture onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes without stirring.
- Turn oven off and allow granola to stay in oven until cooled.
- Break into pieces.
Store airtight for up to 2 weeks.
If you prefer not-clustered granola, stir the granola every 10 minutes while baking and remove from oven when done baking. Also, omit the egg white form the ingredients. UP the bake-time to 25-30 minutes.
*loosely based on a granola recipe from Elk Haven Nursing Home Cookbook