Your favorite classic cookie turned into a bar! Chewy, buttery, and topped with cinnamon sugar!
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F°. Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter and sugar for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt and mix for 1 minute until combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- In small bowl combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle this evenly on top of the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly. While still warm, cut into bars with a sharp knife.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Freeze in an airtight container for up to a month.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, snickerdoodles, snickerdoodle bars, cookie bars, snickerdoodle recipe