Snickerdoodle Muffins are soft and cakey muffins with a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping! Perfect for brunch or with your morning cup of coffee.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with liners and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs and mix for 1 minute on medium speed, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- With mixer still on medium mix in the cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the yogurt and flour in alternating batches, beginning and ending with flour. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop batter into liners 2/3 full.
- Mix the topping ingredients together and sprinkle batter with 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until centers of muffins are set.
- Remove from muffin tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
You can sub in sour cream for the Greek yogurt
Store airtight for up to 2 days
recipe adapted from food.com
Keywords: snickerdoodle muffins, cinnamon sugar muffins, easy brunch idea