These Soft Amish Sugar Cookies are hands-down my new favorite sugar cookies recipe. They’re so simple and melt-in-your-mouth delicious, you have to stop what you’re doing right now and make these!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- *optional sprinkles to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In your mixing bowl cream together butter, oil and both sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add in baking soda, cream of tartar and salt and mix in.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) dough onto lined baking sheet. Add sprinkles now if desired. Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges just start to golden.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes on baking sheet and transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
recipe adapted from Taste of Home Magazine
store airtight for up to 3 days
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 12.5 g
- Sodium: 158.7 mg
- Fat: 12.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.5 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 40.5 mg
Keywords: homemade sugar cookies recipe, easy sugar cookies recipe, best sugar cookies recipe