This classic Sour Cream Cheesecake is the ultimate effortless dessert. Set in a sweet homemade graham cracker crust, this recipe is unbelievably light, rich, and creamy all at once!
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 16 full-sized graham crackers (or 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 20 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Crust: In a blender or food processor, pulverize your graham crackers into a fine crumb. Transfer the crumbs to a large bowl. Mix in the sugar, salt, and melted butter until evenly combined.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9- inch springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 8 – 10 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Cheesecake: Reduce oven temperature to 250°F.
- To prep your water bath, place a large pan filled with 1/2- inch water into the oven while you prepare the filling. You can skip this step by filling the pan with boiling water.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the 2 eggs, 3 yolks, vanilla, and heavy cream until combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese and sugar together until just combined. Add in the sour cream and mix on low for 30 seconds, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer up to medium and slowly add in the egg mixture, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Once the mixture is combined, pour the filling into the graham cracker crust.
- Wrap the bottom of your springform pan in aluminum foil to prevent water from leaking into your pan. Place the cheesecake into the hot water bath and place in the oven for 65 – 75 minutes, or until the edges of the cheesecake are set and the center is slightly loose. Turn off the oven, crack the oven door and allow the cheesecake to remain in the oven for another 60 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven. Remove the foil from the bottom of the pan and allow any excess water to drain. Run a knife around the sides of the crust to loosen. Cover the cheesecake with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: classic cheesecake recipe, easy cheesecake recipe, baked cheesecake