These easy enchiladas are family favorite and made even easier using a Rotisserie Chicken!
- 2 cups cooked and diced chicken
- 8 medium-sized flour tortillas
- 3 cups Mexican-style grated cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup chicken and 1/4 cup grated cheese. Roll the tortillas up and place them seam side down in the pan. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the flour and onion powder and whisk until combined and smooth. Stir constantly until the mixture starts to bubble. Slowly stream in the chicken broth, whisking constantly. Once combined and smooth cook until the mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 30 seconds until thickened and remove from the heat.
- Add in the salsa and sour cream and stir until combined.
- Pour the sauce on top of the tortillas. Top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.
- Garnish with cilantro, avocado, and more sour cream if desired. Serve immediately.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: cookies and cups, sour cream enchiladas, enchilada recipe, chicken enchiladas, tex mex food, easy chicken enchiladas