Sour Cream Chocolate Cake is a simple, classic cake that can be frosted or dusted with powdered sugar. It’s dense and chocolatey – a cross between a gooey brownie and a piece of cake!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9 pan with aluminum foil, coat with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and brown sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add egg, sour cream, and vanilla and mix on medium until light and smooth. Add cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour until well mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips and spread the batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Sift powdered sugar over the top, if desired.
Keywords:: the best chocolate cake recipe, moist chocolate cake recipe, homemade chocolate cake recipe, easy chocolate cake recipe, simple chocolate cake recipe, best cake recipe, easy dessert recipe, best chocolate dessert