Sour Cream Cornbread is the best side dish to pair with all of your favorite hearty chilis, stews, and soups. Nothing beats a golden piece of soft, tender homemade cornbread!
- 2 cups cornmeal (not stone ground)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9×13- inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Stir in sour cream and eggs until smooth. Gradually add in the melted butter until evenly mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Storage: Store airtight for up to 3 days.
- How to Know When It’s Done Baking: When a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, you’ll know the cornbread is ready to be removed from the oven.
- Use Full-Fat Sour Cream: Reduced-fat sour cream will work in a pinch, but full-fat sour cream yields the best results.
- Can I Make Cornbread Muffins? Sure! The baking time will shorten a little (check them at 25 minutes), but you can definitely make muffins.
- Toppings for Cornbread: I like to enjoy my cornbread with some honey and butter.
Keywords:: sour cream cornbread, homemade cornbread, sweet cornbread