This dense, moist pound cake is perfect on its own, served with strawberries and whipped cream or topped with chocolate frosting!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 10- cup bundt pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter and the sugar for 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined. Add in the sour cream and mix on low for 1 minute until incorporated, scarping the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure everything is mixed evenly.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 65-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Loosen the sides of the cake by running a butter knife around the edges. Invert the bundt pan onto a cake or serving plate. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 515
- Sugar: 50.2 g
- Sodium: 201.5 mg
- Fat: 20.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 75.5 g
- Protein: 7.9 g
- Cholesterol: 140.4 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, sour cream pound cake, pound cake recipe, bundt cake, best sour cream pound cake, easy pound cake