Southern Pecan Bread is completely indescribable! Super buttery, sweet and loaded with pecans. Serve it with your morning coffee or as a totally addictive Thanksgiving side dish everyone will love! Guaranteed to be a new family favorite!
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. Coat generously with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine both the sugars and butter, mixing on low until combined. Add in the eggs, vanilla, and salt and turn mixer up to medium speed and mix for 1 minute until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and mix in the flour until just combined. Fold in the pecans.
- Transfer mixture to your prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center is just set and the edges are lightly golden.
- Cool completely in the pan, and then cut into squares.
Store, airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
If you don’t have self rising flour: 1 cup self rising flour = 1 cup all purpose flour = 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder + 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
Keywords:: southern pecan bread, easy pecan bread recipe, best pecan bread, thanksgiving sides, thanksgiving side dish