Spaghetti and Meatball Soup is your favorite classic comfort dish made even cozier! This soup is outrageously delicious, and simple to make in your slow cooker, or on the stove top!
- 2 pounds ground Italian sausage
- 3/4 cups plain Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 (24- jar) Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- optional – 1 Parmesan rind
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken in thirds
- garnish – Parmesan cheese, Ricotta cheese, fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the sausage, breadcrumbs, milk, eggs, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper flakes using your hands. Mix until ingredients are incorporated, but not over-mixed. Form the mixture into 1- inch meatballs and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 15 minutes, or until cooked.
- Place the meatballs in a slow cooker. Add in the beef stock, Marinara sauce, water, basil, and Parmesan rind if using. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove Parmesan rind and add in the dried pasta and stir. Cover and cook for an additional 20 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Serve warm, garnishing with Parmesan cheese, a dollop of Ricotta, and fresh parsley if desired.
Store airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days. The pasta will soak up the liquid as it sits, so you can add more broth or water when you reheat it if necessary.
Keywords: cookies and cups, soup recipe, spaghetti and meatball soup, crock pot soup, slow cooker