This Spicy Frito Corn Salad is a simple summer salad recipe loaded with sweet corn, crisp veggies, chili heat and zesty, creamy dressing. Finished off with the generous crunch of cheesy, spicy Fritos!
- 2 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3/4 diced roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1 small jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons Adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups coarsely crushed chili cheese Fritos
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except the Fritos Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve, mix in the crushed Fritos and stir. Top with more cotija cheese to garnish. Serve immediately.
Serve immediately, as the Fritos do lose their crunch as the salad sits. It will still be good with the softer Fritos, but the crunchy Fritos are delicious and the ideal way to enjoy this salad!
Keywords: mexican corn salad, summer corn salad, summer salad recipes