Spicy Skillet Lime Chicken is a super easy, flavor packed skillet dish! Perfect to serve with Spanish Rice or even cauliflower rice for a low carb option!
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 3 limes
- optional – cilantro to garnish
- Mix the salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, paprika, onion powder, and thyme together.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken thighs with the spice mixture.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and the olive oil together. Place the chicken in one layer in the hot skillet. Cook for 6 minutes on one side, and then flip. Turn the heat down to medium and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Once chicken is done, turn the heat down to medium-low and add the garlic into the skillet. Drizzle the lime juice on top of the chicken, and flip the chicken again, coating in the sauce.
- Serve immediately and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
You can adjust the amount of spiciness in this dish by adding more or less cayenne pepper.
- Serving Size: 1 Thigh
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 2.3 g
- Sodium: 471.1 mg
- Fat: 7.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.1 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 10.2 mg
Keywords: skillet dinner recipe, chicken thighs recipe, chicken dinner recipe, easy chicken recipe