This ultimate recipe for creamy, cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip rarely lasts long at parties! A crowd-pleasing appetizer packed with melty cheese, garlic and herbs.
- 1 (12- ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 (14- ounce) cans artichoke hearts, packed in water
- 3 tablespoons diced chives
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8- ounce) block cream cheese, cubed at room temperature
- 2/3 cup fresh grated parmesan, divided
- 1 cup grated low moisture mozzarella, divided
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (or kosher salt)
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to broil. Coat a 2- quart casserole dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Cook the spinach according to package directions, or microwave in a microwave-safe bowl in 1 minute increments until thawed. Place the spinach in a thin towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out all excess water. Place the spinach in a medium saucepan and set aside.
- Drain the artichokes. Place the artichokes in the same towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out all the excess water. Place the artichokes on a cutting board and coarsely chop.
- Add the artichokes, chives, garlic, cream cheese, 1/3 cup parmesan, 1/2 cup mozzarella, feta, sour cream, mayonnaise, pepper, salt, and cayenne into the saucepan with the spinach.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently until warmed through and all the cheese is melted, approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dip into the prepared dish. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/3 cup parmesan. Place under the broiler until the cheese is lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately with pita chips, fresh vegetables, or bread.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Make Ahead Instructions: Prep the dip as instructed, top with extra cheese. Cover with foil and refrigerate until ready to use. To heat, place in a 375°F oven for 25 – 30 minutes, until the cheese is golden and warmed throughout.
Keywords: easy appetizer ideas, appetizer dip, party food