Refrigerator Sprinkle Cookies are the ultimate DIY slice and bake cookie! Buttery, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and loaded with sprinkles. Super easy, and perfect to make ahead!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and mix for an additional minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, and mix until just combined.
- With mixer still on low, add in the sprinkles and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions, and form into logs approximately 2 inches in diameter. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a cutting board. Unwrap and slice the dough into 1/3- inch slices. Place on baking sheet 2- inches apart and bake for 7-8 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days for best freshness.
You can freeze the dough as well. Place the wrapped logs into a large ziplock bag and store for up to 2 months. You don’t need to thaw them out before slicing and baking. Just add an additional minute onto the bake time.
Keywords: homemade sugar cookie recipe, best sugar cookie recipe