- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9 pan with aluminum foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, and salt. Add in the egg, butter, and vanilla and combine with a pastry cutter, or your hands until the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough in half and press one half into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread the strawberry jam on top. Crumble the remaining dough onto the top of the jam.
- Bake for 40 minutes until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar and cream together and drizzle on top.
I put the glaze in a small zip-top bag and snip off the corner, to make for easy icing.