The perfect combination of Tex-Mex and Pizza! Customize your toppings to make it your own!
- 1–3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast
- 1–1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1–2 chipotle peppers from can of chipotle in adobo, plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- salt to taste
- 2 cups Cheddar-Jack cheese
- Toppings as desired: chopped tomatoes, avocado, cilantro
- In a large bowl combine 1 3/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar, salt, water, and oil. Stir until smooth, adding more flour if necessary. Dough should be slightly sticky, but form a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 3-4 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Alternately you can mix the dough ingredients in your stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment.
- Cover the bowl and allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes. Prepare toppings, while the dough is resting.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat cook the ground beef and onion together until meat is cooked and onions are soft. Drain excess fat, if necessary. Add taco seasoning packet, black beans, and 3-4 tablespoons of water, and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the sour cream and chipotle peppers and adobo sauce. Add as many peppers, or as much adobo sauce as desired. Season with salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- When the dough is ready, spread it out 12-15 inches, depending on desired thickness onto a lightly greased pizza pan. Press the crushed tortilla chips into the edges of the dough.
- Top with all but 2 tablespoons of the chipotle cream, reserving those for garnishing the pizza.
- Top the chipotle cream with the meat/bean mixture, and then the cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Top with tomato, cilantro, avocado and drizzle the remaining chipotle cream on top.
- Serve warm.
Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, preheat oven to 400°F. Place pizza on baking sheet and heat for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 741
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 1168.2 mg
- Fat: 40.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.4 g
- Protein: 46.4 g
- Cholesterol: 133.8 mg
Keywords: Taco, Pizza, Yeast, Pizza Dough, Tex-Mex