This easy grilled chicken marinade is delicious and packed with flavor. Simple ingredients make this an easy weeknight dinner idea!
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup gold tequila
- juice of 4 limes
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- up to 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed as desired
- In a large bowl whisk together the garlic, tequila, lime juice, orange juice, lemon juice, soy sauce, salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, honey, liquid smoke, and olive oil.
- Place the trimmed chicken breasts in a large zip-top bag.
- Pour the marinade on top of the chicken in the bag. Seal bag and massage slightly to coat chicken evenly.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F. Cook times will vary based on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and cover with foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Don’t allow the chicken to marinate for longer than 4 hours, as the amount of acid in the recipe will break down the chicken.
Keywords: cookies and cups, chicken breast, chicken recipe, tequila chicken, citrus chicken, grilled chicken, chicken marinade