This is the best ever bruschetta recipe! Made with juicy ripe tomatoes, fresh basil and balsamic vinegar. Serve up this delicious Italian-inspired appetizer to kick off your summer dinners and parties.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 1/2 teaspoons)
- 3/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups finely diced Roma tomatoes, extra juice drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 baguette cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Make Bruschetta: In a medium bowl combine minced garlic, 1/2 cup olive oil, Parmesan cheese, diced tomatoes, chopped basil, vinegar, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine evenly, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prep the toasts: Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice the baguette into 1/2- inch pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Brush mixture on both sides of the bread slices and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 6 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Cool on a wire rack.
- Assemble: Spoon the tomato mixture onto the cooled toasts and sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese if desired.
Keywords: easy appetizer ideas, antipasto, how to make bruschetta