The perfect cookie base recipe that you can use time and time again!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups your favorite candy or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper, set aside
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- And add in egg and vanilla and mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in flour mixture until dough just comes together.
- Stir in candy until evenly incorporated.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2- inches apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until edges are golden. Make sure not to over-bake.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
When adapting this recipe feel free to swap out vanilla extract for another flavor for an extra twist!
Keywords:: Cookies, Cookie Recipe, Base Cookie, Cookies and Cups, Cookie Dough