- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup mini Reese’s Pieces
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter cubes until it’s smooth, about 1 minute. Add in both sugars and continue mixing on medium speed for 2 more minutes until light and fluffy, scraping the sides of your bowl as necessary.
- Next add in the cocoa powder until evenly mixed.
- With the mixer still on medium add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt and mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl making sure everything is incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Finally stir in your Reese’s Pieces, and chips.
- Using a large (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop drop the dough onto the prepared cookies sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are set. Centers might seem under-cooked, this is ok.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 3 minutes on the cookie sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can use any combination of add-ins. If you prefer you can use all peanut butter chips, all Reese’s Pieces etc.