Simple store bought ingredients create this over the top breakfast cake. Super easy to make, and a definite crowd pleaser!
- 2 (17.5- ounce/5 count) cans cinnamon rolls
- 1 (16- ounce) container pre-made cream cheese frosting
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (21.5- ounce) package cinnamon swirl or coffee cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter, sliced into thin pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Open your cinnamon rolls and reserve the cans of icing in the packages. Using a knife or kitchen scissors, cut the cinnamon rolls into 1- inch pieces and place in a single layer into the prepared pan.
- Remove the foil seal from the frosting and microwave it for 25 seconds to loosen it up. Stir until smooth and pour it all over the cut cinnamon rolls in the pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top of the frosting layer.
- Sprinkle the dry mix on top of the nut layer evenly. (If your cake mix comes with a separate pouch of cinnamon sugar mix, just sprinkle that on top too.
- Place the butter slices evenly on top of the dry cake mix.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until the center is set and the top is golden brown.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes and then microwave the reserved cinnamon roll icing for 15 seconds and stir to make it pourable. Drizzle the icing all over the top of the cake.
- Serve warm!