Easy Turkey Chili is the perfect weeknight dinner, and it’s also great for tailgating on Game Day. Filled with ground turkey, tender black beans, and a now-not-so-secret secret ingredient, this homemade chili is irresistible!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (12- ounce) can Dr Pepper or Root Beer
- 1 (28- ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15- ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 – ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilis (like Rotel), undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1- ounce) packet taco seasoning (3 tablespoons)
- 1 (1- ounce packet dry Ranch seasoning (3 tablespoons)
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add in the olive oil and onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the onion is softened. Add in the garlic and ground turkey and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until cooked through and no pink remains. Drain an excess liquid from the pot and season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Add in the Dr. Pepper, tomato sauce, beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder, garlic powder, taco seasoning, and Ranch seasoning. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 – 45 minutes until thickened.
- Serve warm.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: dr pepper chili, turkey chili recipe, easy turkey chili