These Chocolate Chip Cookies are for the serious chocolate lover!
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup cold salted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the chocolate chips. Stir to evenly mix. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter and all the sugars together for 30 seconds on low speed. Turn the mixer up to medium speed and mix for 4 minutes until combined and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- With mixer still on low, add in 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chip mixture, mixing until incorporated.
- Using a large ( 1/4- cup) cookie scoop, portion the dough and roll it into a ball. Coat the ball with the chocolate chip mixture, leaving the bottom of the ball free from chocolate chips. Make sure the chips are pressed firmly and evenly into the dough. Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet 3- inches apart. I baked 6 – 8 cookies at a time.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, until the edges and tops are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. If there are open gaps on the cookie after baking without chips, you can press chocolate chips into them immediately on removing from the oven.
Store airtight for 3 days for best freshness.
You can make these smaller if you prefer, but you will need to adjust the baking time down as needed.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, chocolate chip cookies, cookie recipe, milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate